Wednesday, June 10, 2009

slump

I got back from vacation and hit this slump; the slump where I am sitting around feeling totally unmotivated to do ANYthing but daydream about how nice it would be if I was able to live the vacation-style life all the time.

(We all know that just daydreaming about it ain't gonna get me there, don't we?)

So I'm trying to claw myself out. Get back into the routines I was working so hard to set up for myself. I find that there are often times when I get dragged into these slumps for one reason or another and it's just hard to break out of it. It's not like depression, it's more like being lazy...I just want to sit around and read. And, lately, it's feeling like I can't wrap my head around everything that needs doing, so I do nothing at all. That feeling seems to happen most when my environment is disorderly, and if one thing can make your environment disorderly, it's VACATION. I evidently haven't mastered the art of packing and unpacking in a neat and organized fashion. Vacation threw up in my house and it's inviting other clutter and mess to grow around it.
So the first part of the solution is probably to finish unpacking, put everything away, and get the house back to company-ready status.

Now, to find the motivation...


oh, vacation, how I miss thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails