Monday, June 15, 2009

on the road again...

I know that we just went on vacation, and that I haven't even posted all the photos and stories from that one, but guess what? We're going on another vacation! We leave this Wednesday! I think I might be crazy!

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm crazy. I constantly overbook myself to the point of insanity, take a break, then do it all again.

We fly to Miami Wednesday afternoon to visit my husband's family. We'll be staying on a BOAT (owned by his aunt and uncle), and I'm pretty excited about that.

I haven't recovered from my last vacation though, and I'm a little worried about that. We have a ton of laundry to do, and the house...well, let's just say the house is no longer company-ready. I made some headway on that over the weekend, but then I also got really drunk (which you may have noticed, if you follow me on Twitter) on Sunday (still in that vacation mindset I guess), and...not a whole lot got done at home. I sort of got drunk right around noon too, so I didn't even get much done BEFORE I got drunk. (Actually, I made homemade salsa for the party, so I MADE THINGS MESSIER. It's a skill that I always have possessed.)

I'm incredibly nervous about putting my entire family on a plane. I've never been a huge fan of flying anyway, and the idea of all of us being on a plane and dying together...the thought of my children going through that...scares me more than I'd like to admit. I am really not looking forward to that portion of our vacation. I need to get those bestsellers written so we can take the time to drive everywhere. I'm much more comfortable on the ground. And if we HAD to fly somewhere, maybe we could take two different flights so we wouldn't at least all die together.
My husband probably won't go for either of those ideas. But dear god do I dislike the idea of falling to my death.

Assuming that doesn't happen though, the vacation should be pretty awesome. And maybe I'll actually be able to clean my house again when we get back.

Speaking of which, part of the reason for my backsliding is because I feel like I've hit something of a standstill with all the stuff that needs to go out to the garage sale. Also, my paper problem is still really out-of-control. The only way I seem to ever stay on top of it, and of the house at all, is to do maintenance cleaning and tossing DAILY. I was doing pretty good at that, but this month has been bad, and only 15 days in my house looks...pretty god awful. It's frustrating. I'm not sure what else to do about it.

So I have some frustrations to work through, and not much time to deal with them in the next week.

And it's so incredibly stressful to come home from vacation to a messy house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails