Sunday, April 26, 2009

roadblocks

I have a lot of dreams; a lot of things I'd like to accomplish in my (hopefully) long life. I am also chronically impatient. Part of the reason I struggle so often to complete my goals is because I tend to try tackling them all at once; it's like I can't help myself. I get these great ideas, and they just flow and build upon each other, and before you know it I'm trying to build an ark and be a hairstylist and open my own spa and gaming center at the same time. All while being the best wife and mother and housekeeper and financial officer possible for my family.

I started this blog as a way to chronicle my dreams. I also started it because for a long time I felt like I was the only person out there that behaved this way. I've come to learn in recent years that I am not alone, and it is one of my dreams that this blog will help bring the chronic dreamers together so we can connect with each other, encourage each other, and nourish each other's souls.

But another reason I started this blog is to help me work out ways to simplify my life; to tackle these dreams one at a time and to teach myself to SLOW DOWN. It's not a race, and if I just take my time and build habits and try to do it one at a time (and unless you've got a personality like mine, you truly won't be able to appreciate just HOW difficult that is!).

For a while now, I've felt like there are a number of major roadblocks on my path to success. I've tried to tackle these roadblocks for a long time...but, again, usually I am trying to tackle them all at once with a bunch of other stuff too, and then I get frustrated and give up on EVERYTHING. So I'm trying to identify my major roadblocks and break them down, one at a time.

The first roadblock is clutter. My environment. Lack of organization. When my house is cluttered, then my brain is cluttered, and my mood is cluttered, and it becomes intensely difficult to accomplish ANYTHING. This, I think, is the biggest roadblock in my life; the one that is keeping me from getting to any of my other projects. So this is number one.

Next is body clutter. Fat. Obesity. Something I've dragged around with me for years. Something that, in recent years, has started causing me a lot of health problems. Something I desperately need to fix.

Third is finances. I used to have some really messed up finances. I've come a long way towards remedying that, but it's still a hot-button issue for me (and within my marriage), and I have a lot of improvements I'd like to make in this area.

Those are my major roadblocks to all the other things I want to accomplish in my life. Those are the first projects I aim to tackle. And so...expect to hear a lot of chatter about cleaning and decluttering and organizing for a while, since that's up first.

My first request for help? Share with me some of your favorite blogs and websites devoted to cleaning, decluttering, and organizing. (And yes, I already know about Flylady!)

2 comments:

  1. http://www.tadalist.com/

    There's more, but that comes to mind off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ziploc.com/ - New flexible totes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails